Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Score!

I made meat-free Polish golumpki the other night. I basically substituted the ground beef with Smart Ground, a very convincing soy product. Golumpki is a dish that my Grandma used to make and if you didn't grown up eating it, it could take a while to warm up to (cabbage + rice + spices + onions + ground beef + diced tomato). Anyway, you are supposed to serve, as a side dish, Kielbasa. Poles are huge carnivores. Well, don't you know ... Tofurkey makes meatless Keilbasa now! I purchased some last night and I can't wait to have one with some leftover vegetarian golumpki. I also ordered 3 bottles of Ariel Cabernet while I was shopping last night. They arrive on Wednesday. Meatless Polish food and award winning alcohol free Cabernet. I could die from swooning!

Going on day 8 and doing fabulously. Buying really good coffee is helpful. I encourage that.

No comments:

Post a Comment