Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Leave it to the USA

I've been reading about non-alcoholic wines and beer and whether or not it is safe for alcoholics to consume such beverages.

Why did I research this? Only in the USA will you find hoards of people opposed to consuming these libations. It's dangerous! experts say. They lead to relapses, according the message boards. I love it. Our country is so tightly-wound, that alarmists come out of the woodwork to warn against the dangers of drinking non-alcoholic drinks. I can understand the logic, but this NEVER DO IT attitude is a little much. There are some people who really enjoy them. Why paint every drinker with the same brush? I take serious issue with these people. How on earth do you know whether problem drinker A is going to have the same relationship with these beverages as problem drinker B? I'm not surprised. I love this country, but come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment