Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 22

I did do some research and found out that the sleepy thing is completely normal. It really is your body's way of repairing years of alcoholic damage. I was up until midnight last night, but it was likely because I had 2 cups of tea sitting around the fire pit. I'm running on 6 hours today and so far, I feel pretty good, as I mentally prepare for my SMART meeting tonight.

Last Friday was a little bumpy. I worked a 13 hour day and topped it off with a birthday dinner for one of my friends at a beloved restaurant. Luckily, the only seat available when I arrived was next to a friend of mine who rarely drinks and was enjoying coffee all night. I had a "Rye Jito" mocktail (I was expecting a minty beverage, but it was more citrus-y) and an Irish Breakfast tea. Even though I was surrounded with good company, I was bummed about not being able to drink. Most everyone had a nice beer or what-have-you and I was jealous. But at least I didn't have to worry about driving home buzzed. I also look forward to hangover-free mornings. What a joy it is to wake up from a natural sleep, ready to start the day.

I will be starting Wednesday night yoga sessions soon. I am very much looking forward to that, however, I realize that I have serious work to do with the perfectionism and fear pieces. Not sure how to tackle those. I have acknowledged that each of these evils has informed by behavior- my drinking - for as long as I can remember. I know they dance around together, waltzing, sometimes doing the Polka, in my brain, but shoo them away, I cannot yet do.

No comments:

Post a Comment