Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Learning to Nurse

So, here's a little struggle I have when I am in situations where I would really like to drink, though, I know I cannot (Hmmm ... isn't this every night?). I drink fast. Like, with Olympic speed. Seriously, I ought to receive a medal for this. I can down a liter of seltzer in a half hour. I used to drink alcohol with speed, too. I notice that I drink faster when I am in social situations, celebrations, etc. The first party I attended sober, I whipped through a gallon of a seltzer/pomegranate/lime libation. Why? I think this is a manifestation of anxiety. A knee-jerk reaction. Always having a beverage on hand and keeping a vice grip on said beverage, no matter what it is. It's like I can't just take a sip here or there and be comfortable and happy. No. I have to gulp it down and run for a refill.

Health experts say that you are supposed to drink 8 huge glasses of water a day. I imagine that the people who adhere to this are speed drinking, too. I mean, how can you do it, otherwise?

I wish I could just be. Without this need to consume. Maybe I'll practice this.

No comments:

Post a Comment