Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Feeling Blue

It's raining here in the north east and I'm feeling a bit low. The weather is depressing and the outdoor movie (The Breakfast Club) my husband and I were planning to attend has been postponed. It was a particularly difficult winter in New England. The snow, I like. The arctic temps, not so much. Our "spring" has been unusually cold, but summer is a scary thought because I haven't got the beach body I want yet. Some of my work prospects are on hold. I have one very large business opportunity that is really taking its time shaking out and I am lacking the motivation to do the projects I actually have the green light on. On days like this, I would slide my shitty depressed feelings off the cutting board by opening a bottle of wine to numb myself. Tomorrow is a new day, I would tell myself. Now, I have the promise of seltzer water and lime when I get home and let me tell you, I ain't too excited about it.

I realize that I have to find some motivation. I am starting yoga classes next Wednesday and my Tuesday SMART meetings definitely give me something to look forward to. But I'm just feeling lousy and stuck in place today.

At least I have 24 days of sobriety to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment