Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

This is My Sponsor

In AA, people get sponsors. I'm sure this is super helpful. The organizer of my SMART meeting gave his number out to us all and basically said that he is always available to talk people off the ledge. I've decided that Henry Rollins is my sponsor. He is the person my brain will channel should I find myself in a vulnerable position. I am thinking of carrying his picture around with me. Maybe I will make it the wallpaper of my smartphone. Whenever I need to get a big job done, I always picture him yelling at me like a drill sergeant. It works. I think I need that kind of force. I need someone to give it to me straight and not provide an "out." If I slip up in the future, I picture my sponsor saying, Get up, dust off and get the fuck back to it. Not, Oh, that's okay, you're only human, yadda yadda yadda. He's pretty handsome, too. I'm more of a Bradley Cooper kind of gal, but Henry will do in a pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment