Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Post-Party Notes

I survived the party. And I actually had a really great time!

When I first got there, armed with a pitcher of non-alcoholic awesomeness (and back up stuff to make more), I was asked about it. You know, why I didn't have any booze. I forget who posed the question, but I just said what I had planned to say and no one batted an eye. I had heard someone on the Bubble Hour say that no one notices what you are drinking, you only think they do. They are paying attention to what they're drinking and thinking about what they'll be drinking next.

Observing the party sober was a surreal experience. At first, I was uncomfortable. There were a lot of new people at this shindig, so it took a little while to warm up to them. Also, my husband has a late shift on Saturdays, so he couldn't come until later. Things got a lot more relaxed for me as the night went on. I watched a lot of people get drunk and it was weird. One person, who I used to drink as much as, not only passed out on the floor, but was snoring loudly. No one seemed to care much. They just kind of made jokes about him, walked over him, etc. It was remarkable to be on the other side of sloppy, stinking, stupid drunk.

I remember everything that happened. I didn't overeat. I genuinely enjoyed myself. And this morning, I feel great! No hangover, no dry mouth and no wondering how I might have made an ass out of myself last night. I am getting ready to put on my running shoes.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment