Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Crabby? Moi?

I left work today and stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. Inspired by Sober Julie's recipe arsenal, I decided to grab some stuff to make a mocktail. She mentioned that pomegranate juice is great for people who preferred wine, so I figured I'd give it a go. I also got some orange tea, because that is my favorite herbal. I wanted to get Lapsang Souchong, too, and some good organic honey. I perused the tea aisle and was able to quickly locate the orange tea (many varieties, actually), but no-go on the Lapsang Souchong. I looked and looked and looked. Surely, I'm just not seeing it. Then, I started getting mad. Not like, "Bummer, I wish they had Lapsang Souchong tea." More like, "Look at all these crappy teas! There are herbal teas for all kinds of things here! I don't care about my digestive system right now! I want my fucking smoky tea!" You know, like, how dare you, Stop and Shop, not have precicely the kind of tea I am looking for? 

I expect that moments of crabbiness and impatience are par for the course. On a positive note, I did make a fabulous mocktail the second I got home with fresh squeezed orange and lime, cranberry seltzer and  pomegranate juice. I love the sour notes balanced with the sweet and the fizzy. I reckon it isn't loaded with calories, either. I don't care for overly sweet beverages (unless they have rum), so this is totes hitting the spot right now. I have some Oolong tea for later and I will be using my delicious organic honey to sweeten it up. Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment