Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

ARGH! PAWS is back.

It started yesterday. Not good timing, as I had a class of people to teach after work and needed all the available positivity and energy I could muster. I started dragging ass around noon, got through the afternoon alright, but was in desperate need of a strong coffee from the cafe across the street by 5 (class started at 6). The coffee helped me get through class, but here I am again, a day later, feeling draggy. I have another class to teach starting at 5, so I am already thinking about jaunting over to the cafe. The best way I can describe the level of fatigue is like coming off anesthesia. I had to get "the gas" once for a minor surgical procedure back in my twenties and afterward, I was awoken from the best sleep I think I had ever had in my life. There was nothing I wanted more than to go back to sleep and be left alone. It's that level of tired. In case you are wondering, I am getting plenty of sleep and exercise and I am eating very well. This has to be PAWS, coming back to haunt me. Oh, when will this end? Actually, I ought to be grateful, if this is the worst consequence of my drinking career. It's actually a sign of getting better, of my body and brain normalizing itself.

I hate to use a drug (caffiene) to deal with this, but I can't come up with a better option at this point.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

  1. Coffee and then self care. Try to have a down day. Sleep in, have a massage, eat toast for dinner. It will pass.
    At almost 9 months these ebbs and flows still occur. I think life is busy and this is your mind telling you a break is in order!

    ReplyDelete