Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Excited/Nervous

So, I made the decision to go back to school. I have always wanted to become a licensed massage therapist and I have finally made the decision to do something about it. I am going to begin the program in January. My goal is to combine this with my soapmaking career to sort of become a pillar of relaxation in many different ways. I don't think I would have had the courage to do this if I were still drinking. I might have, or I might have just thought about it and drank myself into a wishful coma. Either way, I am really excited about it! I submitted my application today and I am hoping to meet with an adviser next week to go over the details. It's an affordable, but highly comprehensive program that I can complete in 15 months. I figure, I can scale back my soap business while I am training, then figure a creative way to combine the two after. I might end up working for an established business for a while, though, to get real world experience first.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds great. I think soap making and massage will be very complimentary.
    I an doing yoga teacher training in August. This is a new one for me. I started yoga in November and am addicted. It's like I've found my place. I must have been a yogi in a previous life.
    I'm doing it part time, as I have a regular job, but I'm open to new things every day.
    Yes! The gifts of sobriety are far reaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing yoga once a week now. It only costs 10 bux and I figure it's a much better investment than all the money i was spending on wine! So glad you are enjoying your yoga and teaching ;)

    ReplyDelete